Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Great Salt Lake

Well, I've made it to Salt Lake City, but only just barely! Started out with beautiful weather on the Front Range in Colorado and it was nice driving through most of Wyoming, but a little before the Utah border I hit a lot of snow and it was sketchy driving with no hotels around to stop at. Just took it slow and tried to drive behind a semi (but not too close!) so I could keep my wheels in its tracks. Once I started to get radio stations from Salt Lake I could hear they were calling out names of mountain passes that were being closed, but I didn't know where they were so I just kept my fingers crossed and kept driving. Fortunately, however I came in didn't close and I was able to make my way slowly (~ 30 mph) into town. Once I got into town the snow had slowed down and turned into rain and then finally stopped (which was very nice b/c I-80 is under construction through most of Salt Lake and it was hard enough to drive in the dark, much less with rain/snow). I called it quits on the far side of the city. Woke this morning in my cozy Super 8 hotel room to blue skies, so its back on the road again!

3 comments:

arielsong88 said...

Thanks for the call on Sunday! It was good to talk to you while you had reception!

Hope you make it all the way safely. We'll talk again soon.

love,
D

CRO said...

I know it's about 6 days later, but the weather couldn't be nicer here. Wishing you were here to enjoy the 1st Friday Art Walk downtown! cough, cough,....cough

love, me

CRO said...

for recent photos of the elusive "itinerant warbler" vist
crography.blogspot.com