Monday, December 29, 2008

Day of Listening

So my fellow NPR junkies may remeber that at Thanksgiving there was a big push for the National Day of Listening. Well, since we celebrated Thanksgiving a couple weeks early, I didn't get to participate even though I was inspired to do so. So now that I am visiting in Atlanta for Christmas I am going to interview my Dad tomorrow (God and Dad willing, of course!).
I've been thinking about questions (suggestions welcome) and logistics.
I don't have tape recorder, but my camera has a video camera option (evidenced in previous posts) so I am just going to use that and I think the video will be a bonus. I hope to learn some new things about my Dad and record favorite stories too. Will possibly post the recordings here afterwards, but will definitely look forward to sharing them with my sister and her kids.
Anyway, I am really excited about this idea and want to encourage other people to do this too! I only wish I had more videos/recordings of my mom. The few we have are such a treasure now...
Hope everyone had a merry Christmas and that you all enjoy the new year!!!!

No comments: